Monday, September 7, 2015

Journey to Europe : Part 2

The Itinerary.

All my life, I have been a planner.
Not the official kind; wedding planner or event planner, I just love to plan stuffs.
So when the task of coming up with the itinerary was officially handed to me, I accepted it with open arms.

Little did I know that I was heading to Doomville.

The last time I planned an itinerary was to Adelaide.
The only difference was, Adelaide trip was only a-destination-trip, where-as this Europe trip involves 4 countries; of which I have never been to and I did not seek help from anyone. (READ: Yay double the doomness.)

ONE thing that I am sure of at that point of time, is we will be arriving and departing from Amsterdam.

Other than that, all seems pretty vague.

For about a month, the internet was my best friend. At every free time, I will be surfing and getting to know places, estimating travelling time, taking notes of the ticket price and etc.
One notes after another, there were times I end up sleeping in front of my laptop or phone.

Though it took a lot of my time, I enjoy knowing new places and viewing what every country offers. It was so much fun that I started to have other plans of my own. (READ: I’ll come back and visit places that I missed this time around. Anyone up for an adventure?)
Not long after, I manage to craft the itinerary that includes interesting places that everyone desire to visit.

We were also lucky that my aunt is still in touch with her friends from her previous work encounters. Two of her friends; one in Amsterdam and another in Belgium, agreed to assist us getting to places. One will picked us up from Schipol to his house while another will fetched us from Amsterdam to Belgium and Paris.

Not to forget, another childhood friend of my aunt who is residing in Coventry agreed to bring us shopping at Bicester Village and drive us all the way to Manchester which is our final destination en route Amsterdam. 

Woooohooooo!

I picked up my calculator an summed up all the cost involved; airfare, train tickets, accommodation, admission fee, yada, yada, yada.

In a nutshell, total damage minus the shopping part is approximately RM5,000 per person.



No comments:

Post a Comment