Saturday, September 6, 2014

Laid Back Adelaide Part 1 : Pre Departure and Arrival

Hello long procrastinated post update!

It's been a while since I started this supposed to be new blog of mine.
I used to have this idea that I am able to consistently write on something and keep it updated.
But you just don't get what you want in life you know.
So here is another one of my not so proper plan goes beyond control.

For now, I'm back! (we'll see for how long..)

Okay, back to the topic.
After being away for a while, I'm back in homeland Malaysia.
I was away for 5 days on a short vacation to Adelaide.
I got a lot of people asking me why Adelaide?
My response, Why not Adelaide?

To start it off, Adelaide plan was random; one of my many random plans.
A friend of mine from college (Ana) texted me telling about her days off and wanting to head somewhere.
Being me, I replied find a destination and we're ready to go.
That was when Adelaide got in the picture.




We booked our tickets, we did our research, we booked our many lodgings and we rented a car.
Trust me that in writing it looked super organised, in reality it wasn't.

Adelaide made me super excited  for many reasons.
My first overseas trip without the whole entourage (read : family).
It is also my first fully self-financed trip.
I don't do vacation a lot, so that explains the above point.
It will also be the first time I'm driving outside of my comfort zone area (read : Seremban).
Yeah that pretty much covers my whole pre-departure part.

On the other hand, my parents kinda super freak out.
They kept asking me about my visa, my passport, my stuffs, my plans, and the list goes on and on.
Mama even have my luggage screened and weighed before I head to KLIA2.
Baba kept reminding me about keeping my passport and ID safe.
Not to forget, the usual reminder not to hang out until late night.
Got it parents!



Now off we go to the airport.
Our flight was at midnight, so nothing much to tell other than I slept most of the time.
8 hours later...
"Ladies and Gentlemen we have just landed at Adelaide Airport."



Phew...
Alhamdulillah we made it;  that was the first thing that came to mind.
Next we made our way to the toilet and freshen ourselves up.
After going through the immigration counter, the journey begins.




The two of us are literally petite.
Therefore most of the time we looked like two little lost girl.
We asked around a lot before hopping on a bus from the aiport to our first stop; Glenelg.
Along with our luggage we proudly stood infront of the Wakefield monument.
Hahahaha.







While figuring out our way, we had breakfast.
Unbelievable.
Our first time to Australia and we're in Adelaide.
Wow!




Everything amazed us.
The transportation was one of the highlight.
It was so efficient and easy.
It didn't took long for us to find our way to the city.

Next would have to be the Wifi.
We didn't expect to have free Wifi at first.
So, we updated people back home that we have safely landed.
After that, both of us went wild uploading photos on Instagram.




Through uploading photos, that led to another unexpected plan.
A friend of Ana from Matriculation year who is pursuing a master in Adelaide happens to see the picture and they plan a meet up.
I was more than happy to tag along.
To the city we go!




Our first stay was at Hostel 109 along Carrington Street.
I booked it through Booking.com.
It was cozy and sufficient for both of us.
We enjoyed the place as it is not that far from the city centre.
Tram station was just 5 minutes away.
But most of the time we just walked around.

Later that evening we meet up with Ana's friend, Shafiq and Clint (Shafiq's friend); they showed us around.
We went to Coles to stock us with some easy food.
We also stopped by University of Adelaide. 
Few days before we left for Adelaide, we included that as one of our places to go. 
Glad that our plan realized. 
The time spent at the park was one of the most memorable moment to me. 








Meeting these two for the first time and somehow all of us just clicked. 
They even treat us to dinner that first night in Adelaide. 
We still feel guilty that they did. 
So we made a pact.
When they're back in KL we will meet up and treat them back. 
Yeay!






I'll be updating more in Part 2. 
For now, hope that this will do. 
There's so much more to tell about the trip.

Till then...
















No comments:

Post a Comment