Sunday, October 12, 2014

Laid Back Adelaide : Attractions

Work seems to be greedy nowadays.
Spending most of my time mingling with updates, value captures and submissions.
I'm done for a while.
Finally, my great escape.

After a few posts I think there's more yet to be told.
Or is it just me who can't stop blabbing about Adelaide?
I think it's me.
Nah...who cares anyway.

Let's see if I can backtrack the whole itinerary during the short visit.
It's been a while.

The first attraction that got both of us excited would have to be Gorge Wildlife Park.
Remember the part that we wanted to cuddle the koala so bad?
This is where it all happened.






The admission was $15.
Not only do you get the chance to cuddle the koala, you can also spend time feeding the kangaroo.
Literally you can feed the kanga like you feeding a baby; right to their mouth.
It was there that I know they are a big fan of Arnott's biscuits.
And all that without any extra charges; $15 and you can do all mentioned above.
Other than that there are also Meerkat, Penguin, Camels and others.









Getting there from the city was a long and winding road.
First time driving in a foreign land, I was pretty sure that we were lost most of the time.
The road kept going on and on and we saw nothing.
Finally after about an hour or so, we saw the signage and got all excited.
Bear in mind that the Koala Cuddling session is at 11.30am, 1.30pm and 3.30pm.
So better plan your time well so that you don't missed out on that.




Our next pit stop was Hahndorf.
We reached at around 2pm and went straight to the room.
Truth was, we were so tired that we didn't manage to explore a whole lot there.
One thing about Hahndorf that I love is it feels homey.
It is also accessible via public transport.
We took some time to dine at The Haus.
We enjoy that a lot.
What's not to enjoy when there's food right?
Hahaha.











Right after that we head off to Port Elliot.
The view there was to die for.
I truly deeply madly fall in love with the whole area.





We then took a short drive to Victor Harbour.
There, we ride on the Horse Tram to Granite Island.
The horse was such a cutie and they all have great names.
We opted for a one way ride and it cost $7.
Then we hike around Granite Island and enjoyed the view it has to offer.
We also managed to catch the Penguin Feeding Session.
The penguins are so cute and cheeky that we almost adopted one of them.







The last thing that I  would like to list here is The Oyster Bar at Marina Pier
I will always remember this as it was my first oyster experience.
Along with great company and amazing view.
It was perfect as perfect can be.
We also did an oyster toast!
It was all fun fun fun.
I truly miss that moment.





No comments:

Post a Comment